Sunday, August 23, 2009

Anything can happen

Mark 9:23 (NIV)
" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."

Mark 9:23 (The Message)
Jesus said, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."

God has been showing me lately that anything is possible with Him. To me, this means a little more than just "I can do all things with God." It means that things I didn't think were possible for me, things I thought I would never do, He is saying I can do. Lately God has been encouraging me to open my mind and my heart to His possibilities. Don't put Him in a box! He wants to do great, even unthinkable things in and through me that I never dreamed of. He wants me to step out of fear and trust Him to show me what I can really do, in Him.


Psalm 77:19 (New Living Translation)

"Your road led through the sea,your pathway through the mighty waters—a pathway no one knew was there!"

Think about this for a minute..........God already knows everything that will happen. So, if He already knew, in advance, that His chosen people would escape the Egyptian army, by Him parting the Red Sea and them walking right down the middle of it, we can conclude that He always knew that footpath was there. But, did they always know it was there? Do you think they ever dreamed that that would be the path God would lead them down to reach their freedom? Years before this, did they ever look at that sea and think, "One day, God will part this and I will be walking through it on dry land". Of course not!!

I believe it's the same way with us today. There may be a path, a road, a ministry that God wants us to enter into that He has known about forever, but we have just not yet seen it. He has not yet revealed it to us. It may be something that we, in our limited thinking, would never, ever dream of, for ourselves. God is saying, "Think big, because I'm big and anything can happen with me!"

No comments: