Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Come boldly!!

Hebrews 4:14-16 (New Living Translation)
Christ Is Our High Priest

"So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."

Wow, what a contrast to the old testament days when only the highest priest of the land had the privilege of entering the Holy of Holies one day of the year to be in the presence of God. Now, we who have trusted Jesus with our lives, have the Holy Spirit in us and therefore can bask in his presence 24/7. We don't have to be afraid to approach him, like we would be a mighty, earthly political figure or king. Yes, He is the King of kings, but He is also our father, our "daddy" and we are free to come to Him boldly with anything on our minds. This verse in Hebrews clearly states that any request you feel like making, any tear you feel like shedding, any fear you feel like venting or any tantrum you feel like throwing, is OK with God. He can take it! He has been there because he came to this earth, in the flesh, and lived here just as we do. He faced all of the junk that we face, yet never sinned. He can identify with our hurts, our pain, our "stuff." He wants us to be real with Him (I mean duh, He already knows everything in our hearts and minds anyway, so why try to hide from Him.) He is God, the creator and ruler of the universe but at the same time, He is our Abba Father who loves us more than we can ever imagine. So, let's be ourselves before Him. Don't think that He ever forgets about us, that we are somehow on God's "backburner". Beth Moore said that "God never wants to be anonymous in your life, ever!"

By the way, the Holy Spirit placed this verse in front of me, Hebrews 4:14-16, on a day recently when I desperately needed it. The thing I was facing in my spirit needed this verse "something terrible!" Then, for whatever reason, after hearing it and reading it, I failed to mark it and write it down. I realized I had "lost it" and was so trying to remember where the verse was. Then, that very afternoon, I turned on my radio to KLOVE while driving in the car and their "encouraging scripture of the day" just so happened to be none other than Hebrews 4:14-16.

Wow, not a coincidence! God is soooooooooo good!!

2 comments:

Andreea said...

I love that scripture! I never got it until I heard Beth teach on it in "Breaking Free" I am telling you, the things I never got until I heard her teach them. Now I find random passages on like gift plaques and stuff and automatically think. "I need to hear Beth teach on this"

But I digress...I also heard her teach on it in the tabernacle study and I was like 'WHOA!!'. It was in session 8, I think.

No, I am not in the Esther study. I don't know of anyone around here doing it. But I am currently doing "Believing God" on my own, with the cds. And then I have Stepping Up. After that, I definitely want to do Esthere. I have already bought the workbooks/cds for the other two though so must do them first.

Andreea said...

Brandi,
Have you ever heard the song "Come Boldly" by Mary Alessi? If not, let me know and I'll send it to ya!