Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fruit

Galatians 5:22-23
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"

So often, I fall short in these areas. I often find myself walking along, as if the very spirit of the living God is not living inside of me. Like I am alone and in control of my own life. When I choose to live this way, that is when these fruits are not evident in my life.

I am so thankful that we have a Father in Heaven who never leaves us, never lets go of us, even when we choose to ignore His presence in our lives. When we turn away from Him, He is always there, waiting for us to turn around and embrace Him, once again.

Psalm 51:10-12
"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you."

I am so thankful for this cry for help from David. What an example for us of how we too can cry out to God, no matter what we've done, and he will listen! Lately, I've been starting each day with this verse and sometimes coming back to it once the world starts coming at me! Sometimes I need to "re-center" myself before I even leave the breakfast table!

No comments: