Saturday, January 24, 2009

For all who are brokenhearted.............

Morning Will Come

Brokenhearted:
How Can I bear the pain?
So many plans...permanently interrupted.
So many dreams...shattered.
Hopes...dashed.
All gone.
Why?
Why this?
Why us? Why me?
Helplessness...hopelessness...
Life will never be the same again.
Is it even worth living?
Where are you, God?

God:
I'm right here beside you, my child.
Even though you may not feel my presence,
I'm holding you close under the shadow of my wings.
I will walk with you through this dark night.

Do not shrink from weeping.
I gave you tears for emotional release.
Don't try to hide your grief.
Let it become for you a source of healing,
A process of restoration,
For I have planned it so.
Those who mourn shall be blessed.
I'll be holding on to you,
Even when you feel you can't hold on to me.

Seek my face, child of mine.
Receive my promise,
Impossible as it may seem now,
That joy will come in the morning.
It may take much time,
But I will heal your broken heart.
I know the night seems endless,
But morning will come.

I have promised!

-author unknown



(Psalm 34:18)

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."



(Psalm 147:3)

"He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."



(Isaiah 61:1) - (old testament prophesy pointing 700 years forward to Jesus Christ)

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed."

1 comment:

Andreea said...

Awesome!! :) Thanks for posting this.