Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Lord knows

"The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment."
2 Peter 2:9

"For He knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust."
Psalm 103:14

"Trust reverses the detours of adversity into highways of destiny." - Beth Moore, Esther

In my study of Esther, I am encouraged that we don't have to be responsible for the "how" in life. We are simply called to a life of trusting God, our Father. He knows how things will all shake out, he knows all!! It really all boils down to trust. Do we really trust God? Do we understand what trust means? Of course, I have failed in this area just like the rest of us, but I believe that God wants us to simply trust him!!He continues to remind me to be obedient, take my rightful place as his daughter and step out of his way so he can make the "how" happen.

Again, I reference my favorite quote from my pastor, Rob Campbell - "The greatest stress reliever of all time is that God is God and we are not!"

Amen!

No comments: