Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paths




This is a picture of the path I've been walking each morning to get back home after watching the sunrise with God. After my precious hour with Him, I look at that path and think how beautiful it looks to me. I walk away from my "spot in the woods" with my Father inspired and energized. I am reminded that I want Him to guide my path, always. I only want to walk down the road where He leads me. I reflect on the path I tried going down for years and years and how it always ended at one dead-end after another. It was a destructive way of life and I thank God daily that he spared me from so many terrible consequences! But finally, when God put a MAJOR roadblock in that old path and I realized the road I was on would never bring me to the destination I had always dreamed of, I made the best decision of my life and turned the other direction, the right direction and began following Jesus Christ, committing to pursue His purpose for my life. Of course I mess up up along the way, we all do. I am so thankful for His mercy which is new each day. As sure as the sun rises, He promises new mercy and new grace for us every day.

I am so thankful for the "wide path He has made for my feet to keep them from slipping (all the way off)." (2 Samual 22:37) I am thankful that His commands He places on me are not too heavy for His burden is light! He is the light for my path! When I stray away from His commands in disobedience, that is when I feel lost and alone. But thank the Lord, He is our own personal spiritual "GPS system". He will gently call us out and convict us when we begin to go down a wrong path. He loves us that much!

He is our Father, our Creator and He knows which path is best for us. He does not desire for us to stumble and fall, but to fall right into His arms where He will love us, take care of us and turn us facing the right direction, if only we will submit to His authority over our lives. I pray we will have the courage to trust Him, believe and receive His love!

"Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found." (Psalm 119:35)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"Mark out a straight path for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong." (Hebrews 12:13)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful thoughts Brandi. I can so relate to that "past" thing... Praise the Lord for his intervention.

Love ya!