Saturday, November 29, 2008

All other ground is sinking sand

Luke 6:46-49
“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

In this verse, Jesus speaks very clearly about the effects of obedience to Him in our lives. Jesus is the only sure foundation that we can build our lives on. It's Jesus and that's it! Period! ALL other ground is sinking sand. Absolutely nothing else in this world will last forever. But, Jesus is the one sure thing. He is the is, the was and the is to come! You can be absolutely sure that if you place your complete hope and trust in Him..........the one who paid the ultimate price for our sins.........if you build your life on the foundation of Jesus Christ, you will belong to Him forever.

The lyrics to the song, "In Christ Alone" illustrate this so beautifully! This song says it ALL!!

"In Christ Alone"

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine;
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2001 Kingsway Thankyou Music

2 comments:

Paige said...

I really love your insights, and I want to add that I think about what you say in your blog all day. You are such a blessing. I get chills everytime I hear that song, and am filled with true joy at what God says through it.

Andreea said...

I love "In Christ Alone". And this is such a great entry from you. Thanks for sharing!