Sunday, November 23, 2008

God is God

I love the pastor of my church, Rob Campbell. He is a wise man, always working in stories and even jokes....(there were these 2 men sitting in a bar, etc., etc., etc.), into his messages. One of the wisest statements he makes quite often is this:

"The greatest stress reliever of all time is this: God is God and we are not!"

I love this because it takes so much of the burdens of life, off of our shoulders and puts them on God, where they belong. He wants us to lean on Him. We were not meant to navigate through this life on our own.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Consider what this verse means for you. Meditate on it and then do it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: