Thursday, November 13, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

Isaiah 55:11
"It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to; and it will prosper everywhere I send it."

Friends:
Since I recently decided to "go public" with my passion for God in my life, I've chosen to share my thoughts on an on-going basis via this blog. What I want to share with the world is encouragement, wisdom, guidance, hope, truth, joy and love from the word of God. My hope is that we would all discover our true purpose in life, the reason we are here.

This encouragement might take the form of awesome scriptures, prayers, quotes from great authors, suggestions of great podcasts to subscribe to, books to read and of course, words straight from my heart. My goal is to lift you up, give you a little "boost" or just something to ponder as you walk your journey of life.

I plan to post something new to my blog at least once a week. Below is a quote from the book I'm currently reading entitled "True Faced" by Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol and John Lynch. This was really my inspiration for this new ministry:

"God dreams that you would discover your destiny and walk into the reasons he placed you on this earth. God has a ticket of destiny with your name written on it - no matter how old, how broken, how tired, or how frightened you are. No matter how many times you may have failed, God clearly longs for the day when he gets to hand you that ticket, smile and whisper into your ear, "You have no idea how long I've waited to hand this to you. Have a blast! I've already seen what you get to do. It's better than you could have dreamed. Now hurry up and get on that train. A whole lot of folk are waiting for you to walk into your destiny and into their lives."

I hope you all enjoy your time with me. Please, visit me often!

Love in Christ,
Brandi

P.S.
"From my heart to God" :

As I was sitting in the Doctor's office yesterday, they were playing secular love songs. Artists pouring out their hearts about a person whom they loved and that person let them down, failed them. These songs just make me laugh! It just struck me as utterly amazing that people do not fall for you! You are the most perfect love we could ever have. What a silly waste of time it is to chase idols; to look for perfect satisfaction and fulfillment in people and things that can never fill us up. Lord, you created us with a deep, need for you, a need for a savior, an empty space in us that can ONLY be filled by you. Then, in your great love for us, you gave us the very savior that can fill us up and complete us. We crave life, love and affection. Jesus is the ONLY inexhaustable source of this. Why settle for anything less than perfection? Jesus is God's perfect gift to us and your word says that every good and perfect gift comes from you. Why seek our joy and fulfillment in your creation, when we can be plugged directly into the creator, Himself?!?

It just baffles me that people don't believe how wonderful you are. You never leave us or forsake us. You took our sin upon you and died so we could live. When we fail and sin now, you continue to pour out your forgiveness because of your neverending grace and mercy on us. 1 John 1:8-10 says "If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong." Ok, God, did you just say EVERY wrong? You mean you are faithful to forgive me EVERY single time I do something wrong? Even if it is like every other day? Wow!?! Talk about unconditional love!

Furthermore, you have the best plans for our lives, a blueprint for your purpose for us while we are on this earth. When we seek you and ask you for direction, you will speak to us, you will tell us what we should do. You will guide us on the right path. In seeking you in everything, you will reveal yourself to us, daily, moment by moment.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the Lord."

When we face difficult, painful situations in this fallen world where we live, you are right there to love us and protect us, to guard our hearts. We belong to you. I am yours and you are mine! You are always with me, your very spirit lives inside of me. And the icing on the cake to all of this, the best part is that not only do I get to have you and experience your magnificent love while I am on this earth, but I also get the privilege of spending eternity with you, in Heaven. You never end...........ever!! I can't tell you how much I look forward to my sweet reward of eternity with you, my Father!

Can I even get my mind around all of this? Could all of this possibly be true? Well, yes it is! You have said it is in your love letter to me, your word, the Bible! The only source of truth, of power we have! It is the beautiful, unbelievable, perfect, loving everlasting gift you have given to us. I choose to have faith in your word!

Lord, I pray that all those who are denying you, those who have not accepted you as their savior and entered into a relationship with you, would have their eyes opened to your love. They just don't realize what they are missing out on. They are simply buying into Satan's offer of a cheap imitation of the King of Kings. Satan has one agenda, to steal, kill and destroy our lives and keep us from our loving Father. He offers people the indulgence in the temporal things of this world, things that will fade away. He does not want your children to find you. He lures us in, traps us to run his little errands, leaving us in pits and in bondage to our sin, before we even realize it. How do I know this? Because I have experienced it, firsthand. I was public sinner number one, living the life of "it's all about me" for years. Satan would tempt me over and over to sin and then condemn me for doing the very thing he talked me into doing. Sin is the thing that separates us from a relationship with you, Lord. But, we don't have to be in bondage to sin because Jesus, you already paid the price for our sin. You already died on the cross, took on my sin and the sins of everyone in the whole world. Your last words on the cross were "it is finished!" The devil knows if he can keep us in bondage to our sin, if he can keep us believing his lies, we will be slaves to our old way of life. We will trade an amazing, powerful adventure in Christ, for a "going through the motions" life of "just getting by". He wants to keep us from freedom in Christ. The freedom from our sin and the freedom to love God, serve God and love and serve others. The freedom to open other people's eyes to your amazing love and to bring glory to your precious name, the whole reason you put us on this earth! I will choose to no longer believe the lies of the devil so that I can be free. I pray that everyone I am in contact with will do the same and choose you, God!!

Lord, how can I be an agent of your love, your grace and your wholeness? It is not enough that I have been set free. I want everyone else in the world to have what I have with you. Lord, give me opportunities to display your love and forgiveness in my life. Life with Christ is not about legalism, us having to do things a certain way in order to get into Heaven when we die. It is not about pleasing God, It is about trusting God with my life. Putting my life in His hands and resting in His peace. After all, you created the whole universe and everything in it.........I mean, I think I can trust you, above anyone or anything else!
It is about accepting God's amazing, shocking, unbeleivable love for us. Believing that God is who He says He is and believing that we are who God says we are! We are so very valuable and precious to Him.

Lord, it is all about you and your power and what you did for me and are continuing to do for me!

You are it!
You are just it for me!!
You are power, breath and life!
You are awesome!!
You are my everything!

2 comments:

Pax, Ash and Noelle said...

Hi Brandi--
I am so glad you are doing this. When we were doing the fruits of the spirit Bible study I remember that you mentioned really enjoying sending notes of encouragement to people. This way you can encourage a whole lot of people at once as God leads you. I look forward to reading what He lays on your heart :)

Ashley Chagnon

Paige said...

Brandi,
I just wanted to tell you I read your email about 5 times. I felt a stirring in my heart as I read it, and I felt like a part of me is waking up after a deep sleep. I have been feeling a tugging from God lately in a couple of directions, and he has been showing me His joy. I am so glad you are writing this blog.
I miss you.
Paige