Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My strength comes from God!

There are some in my world who are currently facing unbelievably painful, difficult circumstances in their lives. Situations that I just cannot imagine dealing with.

There are times when life just comes at us and we wonder if we could possibly stand another blow. Well, I don't know why bad things happen to good people. That is a big mystery. But, what I do know is that God is in control. He is our strength, our stronghold in the somtimes turbulant waves of life. He will never, ever let us out of His hands. He will guard us and protect us, no matter what comes our way. There is absolutely nothing that can ever seperate us from His love! We belong to Him.

Psalm 121 in The Message explains this truth so beautifully:

"I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

He won't let you stumble, your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel's Guardian will never doze or sleep.

God's your Guardian, right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke, sheltering you from moonstroke.

God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always."

No comments: