Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Forgiveness is not an option!!

Matthew 6:14-15 (New Living Translation)

“If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Wow has this verse hit close to home for me this week! Forgiveness is an absolute essential part of our gowth in our own personal relationship with God, our Father! We cannot enter fully into His purpose for our lives if there are still unresolved unforgiveness issues in our hearts. Forgiveness brings total freedom to us. It closes the book on pain from our past.

I love the words of author, Liberty Savard on this:

"Forgiving unconditionally brings an incredible reward, which cannot be acquired any other way. This reward is total freedom from responding to, reacting to, and replaying those old hurts that can still seem so alive sometimes. Forgiveness sucks all the life right out of them."

So, let me encourage you to pray and ask God to reveal to you, any areas of unforgiveness that may still be lingering in your heart. I am so thankful He loves me enough to take me back, way back, to those deep, hidden places of my heart where old hurts still linger. Hurts that I thought I had gotten past. In so doing this, He "scoops" more junk out, resulting in total healing and an even deeper relationship with Him, my Heavenly Father!!

Praise the name of Jesus! There is POWER in the Blood!!

No comments: