Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mind control

"For most of my life, I didn't think about what I was thinking about. I simply thought whatever fell into my head. I had no revelation that Satan could inject thoughts into my mind. Much of what was in my head was either lies that Satan was telling me or just plain nonsense, things that really were not worth spending my time thinking about. The devil was controlling my life because he was controlling my thoughts."

- Joyce Meyer, "Battlefield of the Mind"

Can anyone besides me relate to what she is saying here? I've sure been there! God usually speaks to me in themes and the control of my mind has been the overarching theme for me in the past few weeks. I could go so much deeper on this but I'd be typing all day. A great starting point in transferring the control of our minds from the enemy of our souls to the lover of our souls, Jesus Christ, is to start by chewing on this verse:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:(for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;) casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

Recognize it for what it is. We are at war here, and the battle is spiritual! The devil is real but Jesus is stronger! The Word of God provides us every weapon we need to fight this battle. I pray that God Himself, will begin the demolition of your strongholds just as He has for me!!

To God be the glory!!

,Brandi

No comments: