Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trust Him - period!!

At one time or another, most of us have said:

"If _________ ever happens, then I'll just ___________."

Our conditional trust positions us as negotiators and beggars before God instead of secure children who trust their lives to their faithful Father. The most critical breakthrough of faith you and I could ever experience is to let God bring us to a place where we trust Him - period. We don't just trust Him to let us avoid what we fear most. We determine to trust Him no matter what, even if our worst nightmare befalls us. We have no greater victory and can render Satan no harsher blow.

Let's instead say it this way:

"If _____________ ever happens then God will take care of me.

"If _____________ ever happens then God has a plan for me.

"If _____________ ever happens then God desires to accomplish something monumental in me.

"If _____________ ever happens then God's going to demonstrate His sufficiency to me.


- Beth Moore, "Esther - It's Tough Being A Woman"

1 comment:

Andreea said...

Awesome!!! Thanks!! I was going to ask you if you'd recently viewed Beth's teaching called "Who do you trust' as she addresses that exact same concept...WORD FOR WORD in that teaching.