Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who needs a doctor, I've been healed!

I must tell you of an event that happened to me, just a few hours ago.

I have really been struggling for a week now with severe conjestion in my nose, headache, feeling run down, sneezing, coughing and just general allergy-type symptoms. I went to the Dr. yesterday thinking she was going to agree with me that I was suffering from Cedar Fever allergies. Well, she told me the worst of the Cedar Fever has passed and it looked to her like I just have cold/flu-like symptoms and to use some nasal spray and Ibuprofen. Well, I was not satisfied with her answer at all. I thought for sure she would prescribe me SOMETHING. Well, this morning, while teaching at my job at Mother's Day Out, the conjestion shifted to my right ear and the pain, all day long, was absolutely excruciating. It just brought me to tears it hurt so badly. It was that deep, sharp pain in my innermost ear.

Well, my dear friend Sandra and I were leaving school at the same time this afternoon (her kids attend there as well). I told her to please pray for my ear if she got the chance. She stopped right there, in her tracks, and put her hand over my ear and began to pray. I noticed that the very instant she placed her hand to my ear, the pain was less. Then, when she was finished praying and removed her hand, the pain was completely gone!! I was overwhelmed with shock as I've never experienced a physical healing, ever, in my life. In an instant, I went from almost unbearable pain to nothing!

You see, I've always struggled with the stronghold of unbelief in my spirit. In times when I've been prayed over for other things, the enemy constantly pumps the thoughts in my mind of "this is a nice prayer, but it's not going to work for you" or almost like "God can do that for other believers, but not for you....maybe he doesn't love you enough to heal you." So, I admit my faith has not been that strong when others are praying for me. Ironically, I have no doubt that when I pray for others, God will answer my intercession on their behalf. This is what tells me that the enemy of my soul tries to make me feel that I am not worthy to receive healing for me!

Well, today, I felt like my Heavenly Father wanted to prove Himself to me, that He absolutely loves me enough to heal me and He did. As Sandra was praying, I absolutely sensed that she BELIEVED the words she was praying. She BELIEVED beyond a doubt that God can and would heal me. Perhaps God used the strong faith of my dear friend to prove to me that I can experience His awesome healing power. I am forever grateful for Sandra, for her faith and her prayer. I will never, ever forget this day!!

I admit, as I drove home, I was still in shock and every now and then felt a little twinge of pain perhaps returning. Some pressure was still in my ear, but that deep, inner sharp pain that I experienced all day has not returned. I was just reminded that perhaps, Satan in trying to attack me by placing doubt in my mind, doubt that this miracle actually happened, TO ME! So, I just keep praying and claiming healing of my ear, in Jesus name!! I've been doing this all afternoon and it works.

This may sound crazy to some, but I absolutely believe that My God healed me TODAY, February 3, 2009. My faith is stronger now and I am giving Jesus Christ all the credit!!

To GOD be the glory!!!!

Brandi


Matthew 9:1-8 (The Message)

Who Needs a Doctor?

"Back in the boat, Jesus and the disciples recrossed the sea to Jesus' hometown. They were hardly out of the boat when some men carried a paraplegic on a stretcher and set him down in front of them. Jesus, impressed by their bold belief, said to the paraplegic, "Cheer up, son. I forgive your sins." Some religion scholars whispered, "Why, that's blasphemy!"

"Jesus knew what they were thinking, and said, "Why this gossipy whispering? Which do you think is simpler: to say, 'I forgive your sins,' or, 'Get up and walk'? Well, just so it's clear that I'm the Son of Man and authorized to do either, or both. . . ." At this he turned to the paraplegic and said, "Get up. Take your bed and go home." And the man did it. The crowd was awestruck, amazed and pleased that God had authorized Jesus to work among them this way."

1 comment:

Andreea said...

Oh awesome! Yahhoojah!! I am so happy for you!