Saturday, February 21, 2009

Overcoming Faith

There must be room in our lives to experience the stages of growth that our faith will go through in order to become overcomers. Untried, untested faith is not overcoming faith, it is baby faith. Babies do not understand the purpose of faith. A measure of faith was not given to you so you could avoid the hard times; faith has been given to get you through the hard times with a testimony of victory. Every time you come out on the right end of a trial, full of faith and forgiveness, you become more like fine gold.

When you hold on to unforgiveness and resentment from past trials in your life, you will find it much more difficult to walk through the trials that will come in your present. It is almost impossible to have a good outlook on walking through hard circumstances today when you have never resolved your feelings towards those who were involved in difficult circumstances that impacted your life yesterday.

Pray this from the words written in Romans 5:3-4:

"Father, your Word says that tribulation and trials can bring about a good thing in me - trials past and trials present. I so want to be free from the influences of past trials and hurts. And I really want out of trials I'm going through right now, so I bind myself to your will and purposes and timing. Until I get out, teach me patience and help me to appreciate the spiritual experience that I need to be an overcomer. If I can't have deliverance from this situation yet, then I'm going to loose everything in my old nature that I can think of to make room for the growth of the fruit of your Spirit. Help me to be patient, help me to be forgiving, help me to have the boldness and courage to do what you've asked me to do. Help me to have the patience I need to become experienced in the ways of your Spirit. You have promised your hope will sustain me while this is being done. Amen."

- Liberty Savard, "Shattering Your Strongholds"

2 comments:

Andreea said...

Oh this is so good, Brandi!!! :) I especially like the prayer you posted. And your blog layout is really cuute too.

Anonymous said...

Girl you inspire me. Thanks for being my sister in Christ.

Jennifer